Deadline: 31 August 2012
The Beit Trustees offers annually, to graduates under the age of 30 (or 35 in the case of experienced medical doctors and veterinary surgeon), who hold a degree of class 2.1 or better, and are domiciled in Zimbabwe, four full Scholarships for postgraduate studies in your subject of choice, to be taken up in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa.
In addition, two awards for a one-year taught masters degree will be offered at the University of Leeds, known as the Beit-Leeds Scholarship, a similar award at the University of Reading, known as the Beit-Reading Scholarship, and one award for a one-year taught masters degree at Rhodes University, known as the Beit-Rhodes Scholarship.
The extent of a Scholarship is:
– University fees and costs of tuition in UK, Ireland or South Africa
– Personal allowance covering full support
– An economy class air passages for the initial journey to the place of study and return passage when employment is taken up in Zimbabwe
– No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
Applicants wishing to obtain the application form should use one of the following options:
– Refer to the “Scholarships” page on our website
– Email email@example.com (please state you are from Zimbabwe)
– Write to the Beit Trustees’ Representative, PO Box CH 76, Chisipite, Harare
Only those applicants who state that they intend to return to work in Zimbabwe upon completion of the scholarship, and who can, if short-listed, present themselves for interview in Harare towards the middle of December 2012, will be considered.
Tel No.: +263 4 496132
Fax No.: +263 4 494046