Deadline: 13 August 2010 (Module 1)
Venue: St Lucia Park Training Centre, Marlborough, Harare
Price: USD 160 per module – includes teas, lunches & materials
This program is the first of its kind designed to offer the very best in PhD research support & offer Participants a distinctive advantage. The Program offers PhD students flexibility, continuing personalised help & a gateway to completing their studies successfully & on time. This open study program features six modules of two days each held on weekends during August through November. A Masters degree research program is also available for Masters degree students enrolled in any University Social Science Program.
Topics covered include:
- Module 1 – Research philosophy, theory & paradigm selection & Research Designs
- Module 2 – Methodological approaches & Research Method selection
- Module 3 – Data Analysis Statistics 1
- Module 4 – Data Analysis Statistics 2
- Module 5 – Topic Selection, Proposal, Report Development & Practical advice Supervision issues
- Module 6 – Theory-Building, knowledge development & dissemination
As this is a comprehensive PhD level program, Participants must strictly be current holders of Masters degree certificates from any Social Science discipline. Examples include: Business, Education, International Relations, Economics, Humanities, Agriculture, Gender studies, Journalism, Law, Philosophy, Anthropology, Military & Strategic studies, Linguistics, Nursing, Development studies, Political Administration, Psychology, Religious Studies, etc. Participants should either already be on a PhD Program or intending to start on one in the near future.
Participants not already in advanced stages of study on a recognized PhD Program, are encouraged to attend all modules sequentially.
- Post-course coaching clinics are available to Participants in order to “hold the Participants’ hand” as they develop their own PhD theses.
- PhD Supervision is offered to selected Program Participants & Supervisor brokerage services are provided for Participants.
- Participants in both early & advanced stages of study on a recognized PhD Program, will be afforded separate colloquium forums with leading experts & other PhD students at similar levels of study, to present their work & receive valuable input for their benefit.
- Participants are offered separate colloquium forums to present their Journal papers & are assisted in developing papers for publication.
- Administrative Matters & Program Advantages
For more information on course offerings, requirements and application deadlines please contact Dr. B. Mtigwe directly on 0912-246 369, firstname.lastname@example.org